Thursday, December 9, 2010

4 Months!

17lbs, 26 inches & 17 1/2 inch head:)

Cruz had his 4 month check up today and he is doing great. It was funny because as soon as the nurse came in and I stepped out of view Cruz started screaming. I thought it had something to do with a memory of his shots last time but the doctor said he's going through his "stranger anxiety" stage. He did the same thing yesterday when I dropped him off at the day care at my gym. This stage apparently lasts a few weeks, so if you happen to meet Cruz for the first time in the coming weeks I am apologizing in advance for his crying at the sight of you:). He is in the 88th percentile for height and weight and (of course) 98th percentile for head size. I asked the doctor if his head size is ok and she said it looked great and is definitely due to genetics, so Cruz can thank Daddy and Jefe for that!

It seems as though Cruz is learning more and more after every time he sleeps. I swear, I put him down for a nap and when he wakes up he's doing something new or getting better at something. He is grabbing/holding toys and putting them in his mouth, standing and sitting (with help, of course), learning to jump and walk around in his jumperoo, and chit chatting a ton! He also loves when you stand him up in your lap and let him reach and grab your face. He definitely has a thing for honking noses. Unfortunately, the little guy is already obsessed with football. I swear he won't watch anything else on TV but when football is on his eyes are glued (see picture below-in USC outfit). Cruz is also reaching the stage where he likes to yell at me when he wants something. When I put him down for independent playtime, he likes to yell and scream (not a happy scream) and then when I walk in he starts laughing. Little dude already knows how to work the system!

Cruz has been sleeping 10-12 hours every night for the last month and a half and is taking 3- 1.5-2 hour naps a day thanks to Babywise. His schedule is pretty predictable every day, which is nice for both him and I because we can both depend on it. So, we have officially been blessed with a very good boy who loves his sleep. Believe me, he definitely has his moments but all in all I think he is just a really low-keyed, happy baby, probably thanks to his Daddy's SUPER chill disposition:). Here are some pics of the little booger:

watching football (sorry for the sideways pic)

holding the remote

No comments:

Post a Comment