Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 Month!

Our baby is 1 month today! 11lbs 14oz, 23 inches long, 40cm head circumference and healthy!

I cannot believe how much he is changing every day. I am trying to soak in every moment every day because I know I'm going to blink my eyes and he'll be walking, talking and being a complete destructo just like his daddy was when he was little:). Cruz has had a great couple of weeks. He met Uncle Bernie, Aunt Karen and cousin Bethany from Kansas City last week, along with a TON of Mike and Sharon's friends, Justin and Kaitlyn who are visiting from Germany and my entire side of the family. My nieces and nephew were crazy about him. My 3 year old niece, Brooklyn, told me he is her best friend:). SO adorable! And of course there were fights all day long between my sisters, mom and dad over who gets to hold him and when... Cruz is SO loved!

Cruz started smiling on Monday! It is such a great feeling being able to make your baby smile. I just get close to his face so he can see me and talk in a high pitched voice and he goes crazy for it! It's the best!!! He has also started losing his hair and getting baby acne... a receding hairline/mullet combo and pimples aren't cute on anyone but a baby (even then sometimes it's a little awkward).

He is on a great schedule right now, which I know will change just because I like it so much. We are on a 3 hour schedule of eating, wake time, nap time and repeat. We wake up at 7am everyday, eat breakfast, we play, I put him down at 8 and he sleeps until 10 and we do that 3 hour cycle all day until 5:30 where I wake him up early from his afternoon nap, feed him, give him a bath and put him down until 7:30, feed him again, put him down, feed him at 9:30, put him down again and he sleeps until he wakes for a feeding at 2:30am, then sleeps until 7am and repeat the next day (sorry for the run-on sentence!). This routine has worked for the last 6 days so we'll see how much longer he'll like it:).

And for all of you who are wondering who Cruz looks like... last week Aunt Marsha found a picture of Chase when he was 4 weeks old and it looked like I was looking at a picture of our baby!! They are twins!! I'm hoping once he gets older he will at least have one feature from the Ambort side... Although, I'm not complaining... Chase is not a bad guy to look like:)

with cousin, Brooklyn (age 3)

with cousin, Gianna (age 9)

with cousin, Tyson (age 11)

with cousin, Chyanna (age (almost) 17)

the guys

looking at daddy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment