Monday, June 13, 2011

Why I Love Baby Wise # 2: Easy {as easy as it can get} Traveling

I was completely amazed at how well Cruz did with a 3 hour time change. Literally it didn't take him even a day to acclimate. I asked my mama friend, Jenica, who is also a baby-wiser, how I should deal with the time change. She just told me once I get there to try and put him down for a nap at the same time as I would put him down here, 1pm, and then keep the same bedtime, 7pm. Since we left early in the morning east coast time we got in SD about 10:30am. He took about a 1hr15min nap on the plane and then I put him down for his 2nd nap at 1. He slept for about 2 hours, I put him down at 7 for bed and he slept 12.5 hours, was right on schedule the next day, and continued the rest of the trip!

I know Babywise doesn't work for some people but I am someone who loves having a schedule and loves having a plan. We knew what times we could plan lunches, dinners, when we could have visitors, go to the park, have playdates, etc. Because he gets sufficient rest he isn't fussy when we're out doing things. He is usually extremely happy and full of energy, which I love! I was so pleasantly surprised that traveling with a time change doesn't have to mean sleepless nights or very early mornings! When we traveled back east on Sunday, I followed the same rules and he was right on schedule Sunday night. I am officially, as if I wasn't before, obsessed with Babywise! Thanks to all the babywise moms out there for showing me the way and constantly encouraging me!


No comments:

Post a Comment