Friday, November 19, 2010

Dear Cruz,

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

Maybe every mama thinks her baby is joyful and happy and wonderful, but I can't seem to say it enough and I don't think I'm entirely delusional either. Not that I'm negative Nancy or anything, but I do have a hard time seeing the light in certain circumstances. My default is to be "realistic", which is negative a lot of the time because it overwhelms the ability for optimism and hope to shine through. God has been speaking to me a lot through your spirit. Day in and day out, I see how you rejoice in the little things and it makes my heart yearn to feel that joy. You wake up in the morning doing your high pitched happy scream and cracking yourself up. Even if you're starving or have a wet/dirty diaper you're still joyful, it seems, just to be alive. I want to wake up in the morning excited just to be alive. I want to be joyful because I am saved and am able to live this life with Christ. I want to face suffering, persevere, and rejoice because I have faith that I can lay my burdens down at His feet and He will restore, renew, and heal the broken places in my heart. Thank you for continuously reminding me to choose joy:) "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I know you're not always going to be in the "happy baby" stage because the circumstances of life will get tougher and tougher as you get to be more independent. Even still, I pray that your spirit would continue to be a testimony of joy to all who know you and you would touch people's spirits as you've touched your mama's...

Love you, Cruzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment