Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We're Home...

We finally made it.

The Move: Chase was THE MAN! Basically, he did everything and all I had to do was take care of Cruzer. I am so blessed to have such an incredibly supportive and helpful man by my side. He did all the research on how we were going to ship our stuff out, packed most of everything (although, this presented somewhat of a problem when I had to unpack since I didn't know where anything was:), drove 2,000 miles across the country with Jefe and Zeke, set up all the furniture, got our 2nd car out here, and has been a great tour guide since we got here. Everything is unpacked but the organizing is still a bit of a project. My dad came out with me and Cruz to help with stuff around the house since Chase started work on Monday. My dad was so helpful and it was really special for him to get to spend some quality time with Cruz (and Zeke... Zeke is literally obsessed with him!).

The Flight: Cruz was a champ. Despite being a little bit sick and cutting his first tooth he didn't fuss at all. It was a 4 hour flight and I timed it so he would sleep about 30 min into the flight and then again about 1 hour before we landed. I gave him some baby tylenol and let him eat as much as he wanted and he was a happy boy. It was so great having my dad with me to give me bathroom breaks and arm breaks (my biceps started cramping holding that 20lb boy for so long!). Of course the flight couldn't go perfectly. God had to give us a little challenge. Cruz pooped 3 times AND peed out of his diaper. This has literally never happened before and I could sense God chuckling at us when I went back into the extremely small bathroom for the 4th time with yet another dirty diaper:).

Our Home: I will post pictures soon but this place is amazing. I had seen pictures before we moved but they didn't do it justice. It's a 3 story town home and about 2500 sq ft (and of course we are paying hardly anything for it... such a difference from cali!) There is 1 bedroom with a bathroom on the first floor with the front door and garage. The 2nd floor has the kitchen, 1 bathroom and a dining room, which we turned in to Cruz's playroom. The 3rd story has the master bed/bath, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and laundry. The main floor is all wood floors and pretty open, which I love. There are some super cute, white built in bookshelves in the family room and a great fireplace/mantel.

When I first walked in I was so overwhelmed with God's provision. We never visited Atlanta or saw this place in person before signing the lease. How could God know exactly what we needed and wanted? He just amazes me and we feel so blessed to be here in a place we know God wants us. When you feel like you've walked with God through a big decision it brings an incredible amount of peace and assurance. Thank you, Lord, for taking such great care of your children! It's just like God to do something like this:)

What's Next: Who knows?! I am excited to feel settled, make friends, and just enjoy life. We are going to church this Sunday at the same place Chase went when he lived here in the 90's. Hopefully we will make some friends there and I'll connect with a couple of girls I went to high school with that live in the Atlanta area. We know God has us here for a reason so we are just going to enjoy the ride!

I'll post some pictures soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment