Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear Cruz,

As your mama, my mind is filled with all things baby. It's hard to focus on much other than my milk supply, your naps, what we should do during your waketime, and what solid food I'm going to introduce next. At the same time, when something isn't going well, it's hard for me to focus on anything else but the problem itself. This week we are weaning you off the miracle blanket (yes, you still like to be swaddled at 6 months old!). Do I do it cold turkey or slowly wean you off of it? How long are you going to cry each time I lay you down? How many days is this going to last? Etc, etc. You get the picture. I get buried in all the negative things that could happen and overwhelmed by the fact that I have no clue how long it's going to be until things are back to normal. My thoughts and emotions take over and my spirit can't push through the thick walls they've built over the years. They've set up shop inside of me because I have left them untrained and undisciplined. This, I feel, is where God's plan includes an intense growth and transformation of faith...

(2 Cor 10:5) "We are destroying speculations and every (A)lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the (B)obedience of Christ."

We, through Jesus Christ, have the ability to hold our thoughts and emotions captive, standing them up against God's Word and truth instead of our own. In every situation, He gives us the power to choose spirit led emotions and thoughts. When we let the negative creep in, we have the choice to say, "Nope, I'm not buying into that. Instead, I am going to focus on patience, giving grace and mercy, and showing a lot of love. Today, I choose to focus on God's truth".

As for me, my natural reaction to stressful situations is to be impatient and pessimistic. However, that is not how God sees me or the place I want to live from by any means. In Christ, I have been made new to practice things like patience, grace and mercy, love, understanding, etc. If I live from the place God has made, I have access to His divine peace, understanding, grace, mercy, and love (and so much more). It is uncomfortable to suppress the thoughts and emotions that have run the show for so long but once we choose truth and choose to live from the place God has intended us to live, I can't imagine we'd want to turn back. How could we choose to run from the peace that comes along with a spirit led life?

Cruz, my prayer for you is that you would conquer every part of your human nature {your thoughts, your emotions, your own will} and submit them to God. Submit them to Him so you can be who you were meant to be in Christ Jesus... filled with the peace of God no matter how stressful or uncomfortable the situation might be. I pray you can look at everything and choose to say, Hallelujah, rejoice and just praise God for His goodness in your life.

I love you to the moon and back, Cruzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment