Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WORD- {A Childlike Faith}


"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." - Mark 10:13-15

I think a childlike faith is being in complete amazement every single day at what Christ did for us and continues to do for us... with no doubts, no fears, and 100% trust. The same way most kids trust in and find comfort in their parents is the same way the Father designed our relationship with Him. The only way we can find comfort in Him is if we know {and truly believe} with all of who we are that we can trust His plan for our lives, that He IS accessible and ALIVE in our lives, that He has a tender heart towards us, and that He loves us more than we can even comprehend.

Children are completely trusting, faithful, they have a healthy lack of self-sufficiency, they're humble, yet confident-all things that characterize a person committed to a life with God. They all seem to possess this no reservations attitude and an incredible zeal for life. They are confident in who they are but humble enough to know they need to rely on something more than themselves. Besides the innocent, never ending "why" question you hear repeatedly from kids, they aren't skeptical and usually undoubtedly trust the people closest to them 100% of the time.

I want to be like them today {and beyond}. I want to look to the Father with confidence in who He says He is, what He says He is going to do in my life, and, without question, believe all of the Truth and Promise of His Word. I want to be in awe each day and excited about what Christ did for me and what He is continuing to do in my life. I want to be THANKFUL {such an easy thing to say, but are you really thankful?} for my salvation! I want to look to the Lord with childlike admiration, with no reservations, and complete expectation of His goodness in my life.

Thank you, Lord, for being our everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment